About the tour
After having ventured south with some mates on our Harleys I knew I had to go back with Mrs Thirsty.
We’ll be a bit smarter though and won’t be touring in winter and hopefully we’ll see less rain as well.
This will be a 14 day tour to and from home with the main aim of getting down to the southern end of Australia. There will we 3 nights in Melbourne and 3 nights in Sydney so we can do some site seeing.
- Day 1 – Capricorn Coast, QLD to Goondiwindi, QLD.
- Day 2 – Goondiwindi, QLD to Parkes. NSW.
- Day 3 – Parkes. NSW. to Mildura, VIC.
- Day 4 – Mildura, VIC. to Warnambool, VIC.
- Day 5 – Warnambool, VIC. to Apollo Bay, VIC.
- Day 6 – Apollo Bay, VIC to Melbourne VIC.
- Days 7 + 8 – Melbourne, VIC.
- Day 9 – Melbourne, VIC to Bega, NSW.
- Day 10 – Bega, NSW to Sydney, NSW.
- Days 10 to 11 – Sydney
- Day 12 – Sydney, NSW to Bingara, NSW.
- Day 13 – Bingara, NSW to Roma, QLD.
- Day 14 – Roma, QLD to Capricorn Coast, QLD.
Things to do
- Historical Village Museum – Miles
- Silo art – Yelarbon
- Sawn Rocks – Narrabri
- CSIRO Radio telescope – Parkes
- Fossey’s Ginporium and Whisky Distillery – Mildura
- Mildura Brewery – Mildura
- Patchewollock Silo Art – Patchewollock
- GrainCorp Lascelles Silo Art – Lascelles
- Rosebery Art Silo – Rosebery
- GrainCorp Brim Silo Art – Brim
- GrainCorp Sheep Hills Silo Art – Sheep Hills
- Rupanyup Silo Art – Rupanyup
- Horsham Silo Art – Horsham
- Bay of Islands
- Loch Ard Gorge
- 12 Apostles
- The Arch
- London Bridge
- The Grotto
- Cape Ottaway
- Wreck Beach
- Split Point Lighthouse
- Little Creatures Brewery – Geelong
- Chinatown – Melbourne
- Melbourne Zoo
- Crown Casino – Melbourne
- Melbourne Skydeck
- Lakes Entrance
- Kiama Lighthouse
- Kiama Blow Hole
- Sea Cliff Bridge
- Putty Road
- Australian Army Infantry Museum
- Hunter Warbirds at Scone
- Gunnedah Silo Art
- Nindigully Pub
- Thallon Silo Art