There’s something about the USA and Route 66 that I just love. If I could I’d visit it more than I have been able to to date. Route 66 is in my opinion one of the ‘must do’ drives for any motoring enthusiast. Be it in a car or on a bike it is a great trip.
Some things to consider when planning a trip along Route 66 are:
- Read up about Route 66, what have others done, what books are available. Time of year for your trip.
- How long you will take to do the trip, there is a lot you can see and do.
- Where do you plan to eat each day? (Watch those calories when on the road, take out meals will creep up on your waistline).
- Your budget for the trip, this will be partially determined by points 2 and 3.
- Where will you stay? (Motels or RV parks/campgrounds)
- How far do you want to drive/ride each day.
- What side trips (attractions or sites) are there along the road.
- Factor in any additional costs for side trips and attractions. (Whilst it sounds basic it’s easy to forget these costs when working out your budget.
- Pack light as possible.